Santa Claus Reverse Parade 2020
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and safety concerns, the Santa Claus Parade Volunteer Committee has decided to alter the parade for 2020. Unfortunately, we will not be able to carry on our tradition of a typical parade and kids after-party. However, we are still planning to have some Holiday fun!
We are pleased to announce that this year we will be having a Reverse Parade!
What is a Reverse Parade?
It’s where the floats are stationary, and the spectators drive through in their cars!
Located in Legion Park, floats will be on display on Sunday, December 6, 2020 from 1:00pm-3:00pm. Families will be able to drive through and see some of our favourite floats that we look forward to every year, including Santa and Mrs. Claus.
We know that traditionally lots of parade participants like to give out candy or little bags of treats to the kids during the parade. That isn’t possible this year, but if you would like to give a hand-out to the kids this year, the Organizing Committee will receive your giveaways by November 22, and assemble a goodie bag for each child with all of the treats you would like to give, and Santa’s elves will put that goodie bag in their trunk.
Do you want to participate? Please let the Chamber know by November 22 that you intend to have a float or a seasonal display so we can plan out the space in Legion Park.
We hope you have fun with this new take on a classic event, and we are excited to celebrate the Holiday season with you!
COVID-19 Update: Non-Medical Masks Mandatory in Commercial Establishments
Here's What You Need to Know!
- Effective Monday, July 13, 2020.
- Business owners and operators are responsible for general compliance within their business. Click here to read instructions.
- Not sure where to start? Review the policy with your staff. Click here for the HKPR policy template.
- Be sure to post signs for your customers to see. See below to print the signs!
- Check out the HKPR factsheets here and here for answers to some of your questions.
- Still have questions? Check out the HKPR website at: https://www.hkpr.on.ca/2020/07/07/use-of-non-medical-masks-in-commercial-establishments/
Signs for Commercial Establishments
- Wear a Mask Before Entering
- As Businesses Start to Reopen, Protect Yourself
- Protect Yourself-Wear a Mask
Plans are moving forward to bring a new Wellness Centre to Coboconk!
As you have probably already heard, the Chamber has been working hard on an initative to build a Wellness Hub in Coboconk that will help to address the issues that have arisen from the closure of the Coboconk Medical Centre.
The concept is to renovate and expand the Coboconk Train Station building, preserving that significant piece of Coboconk history, and building space for 2-3 doctors, after-hours care hours, a dentist, and other complementary practitioners such as seniors foot care, massage, physio and chiropractic care. Expanded space through new construction, new parking, and better road access are all part of the new plans.
For more information on this project, please click here.
Drive Through Banner Gallery Unveiled...
Be sure to check out our unique Drive Through Banner Gallery connecting Rosedale, Coboconk and Norland! Local artists have volunteered their time and talents to add colour and art to our communities. Read more here...