Summer Job Opportunity!
Tourism & Community Events Coordinator
May 21 – Aug 30, 2019 (start date negotiable)
30 – 37 hours per week, $14/hour
The Coboconk, Norland & Area Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit organization started in 2014 to help our towns to be a vibrant community for business and residents. Over 130 enthusiastic members have joined together in a commitment to improve the social, civic, and business environment in Coboconk, Norland and surrounding area.
The Tourism & Community Events Coordinator will be under the direct supervision of the General Manager in a shared office space, focused on tourism and promotion activities.
- support the General Manager in planning and execution of large and small community events, promotion of tourism and community initiatives, and promotion of local business.
- participate in volunteer organizing committee meetings to develop and deliver community events; build relationships and collaborate with other groups to deliver the best product possible.
- under supervision, develop and execute communications and marketing initiatives aimed at the area's high summer population.
- research and write articles for local news publications, website and e-newsletters.
- integrate our inventory of arts, culture, and history sites into the municipal Kawartha Lakes Arts & Culture Heritage Trail Initiative.
- further develop the Outdoor Gallery banner trail from Rosedale to Norland; develop website presence for this project.
- assist the community in developing our application for the TSW Trail Towns Initiative with RTO8.
- Provide friendly, welcoming service to tourists looking for information about local business and attractions by phone and in office.
Must have attended school full-time in the previous year, and plan to return to school full-time September 2019.
- Some knowledge of event planning.
- Good writing ability.
- Some knowledge of website updating and social media strategies.
- An ability to take ownership of a project with guidance.
- Ability to solve problems, think strategically, manage information, recommend strategies, to work with others collaboratively and display a positive and helpful attitude.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Jennifer Wilson, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 10, 2019.
**This position dependent on funding, to be confirmed in April 2019.